Saturday 13 February 2016

Robot hand...

As with all projects I got slightly sidetracked. I was watching You Tube for general robot building ideas, then I came across a robot hand. Mmm this looks interesting and perfect for the 10 micro servos I had ordered from Amazon when I was drunk. We ended up watching bird-strike tests on Rolls Royce Trent Aeroengines - funny old You Tube.

A special trip to B&Q was undertaken specially to buy robot-hand materials, what we ended up with was a meter of reinforced hose, perfect for fingers.

Anyway I think this picture will be the best way to describe a few hours of fiddling....


The hosepipe fingers were cut at the joints to allow them to bend then stuck to a CD case 'palm' with blue stretchy tape. The tendons are wires from an old network cable. I'm not quite sure if it will actually have opposing thumbs, thus differentiating it from an ape. Next job is to make a wrist from wood to mount the servos on/in.


Another picture of general awesomeness.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment